DONATE HERE

Built in 1929 at 25 Carmine Street, the architecture of this church is the most
opulent in the city, commemorating the prosperity that Greenwich Village Italian American immigrants had
achieved by mimicking classic Italian Renaissance Baroque Architecture. The mural above the altar, pictured
here, was completed in 1937 and restored in 1985. It depicts scenes from the Battle of Lepanto, a 1771 naval
battle.

Tags :

Leave a Reply